Wednesday 30 September 2009

Art on the underground



I noticed these interesting designs when I was in London last week and thought I'd blog about them i noticed that one of my fellow bloggers also found it interesting so i guess we have similar tastes. I think Art on the underground as an idea is fantastic it brightens up a fairly dark miserable underground environment with creative and aesthetically pleasing designs. The artwork is wide ranging and spreading through the tube so no matter what route you take to work you will see something that makes your commute more bearable. The artwork has also been introduced to the pamphlets and maps which most tourists will use which I think gives an impression of a creative London. I really like the way the underground is almost becoming it's own gallery showcasing different artists, my favourite is the tube map that Richard Long created using ancient philosophical Chinese meaning of the word 'earth' its really simplistic but very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment